Thanks for popping in.
I will be showcasing the Groovi Starter Kit tomorrow on Create & Craft, because it is THE perfect starting place if you are wanting to get into parchment craft. For the benefit of the newcomer, here is a photo step by step of a card made by Tina Cox for us, using just what you have in the Starter Kit – bar the colouring pens. This card project is included in the pack too.
If you watched Paul in the Pergamano Show earlier today, where he was showcasing Linda’s clever layout plates, you’ll see the connection too. The first step in the Starter Kit project is to establish a layout!
- Emboss the largest square with the No. 1 Tool
- Using the 4th and 9th squares from the outside, as guides, emboss a rectangular panel
- Emboss the 3rd Square from the outside, remembering to miss out the rectangular section
- Emboss diagonal lines from corner to corner of the double outlined square to give the impression of a frame
- Emboss the tree and branches with No. 1 tool and the leaves with No. 2 tool
- Emboss the landscape and sun with the No. 1 tool
- You are working on the back of the art.
- Using parts of the small moon, emboss the bigger birds and the distant small birds from the ‘V’ symbol next to the flower symbol
- Emboss in the double outlined squares the symbols ‘V’ and * (flower/asterisk shape)
- Emboss the symbol, circle with a dot, in the 4 corners of the rectangle
- Emboss the square tiles starting with the 3 in the middle of the rectangle panel followed by 2 on either side
- Emboss the letters I N S P I R E in the tiles, remembering to spell it backwards, because you are working on the back of the art.
- Use the soft side of the mat included. Emboss the leaves starting with the No. 4 tool working down to the No. 2 tool gradually and gently to get white embossing. Between layers, let the parchment rest.
- Emboss between the straight lines of the square and the triangles with the No. 4 and No. 3 tools to create shading.
- Colour on the back of the work with Distress Markers or Perga Colour pens.
- Trim you work back,
- Mount your work on the back side of a piece of Northern Lights designer paper using brads,
- Layer up on the FRONT of a sheet of the same
- Attach to a black cardblank.
All available from Claritystamp and The Craft Store.
Thanks for reading. If you’re looking for a crafty pastime, which is very beautiful, clean and achievable, then Groovi parchment art may be just the ticket for you. Give it a go. Thousands of people are feeling the mindful benefits of our Groovi art. Maybe it is just what you’ve been looking for.