Thanks for popping . Been a fab day! Went to Clarity Towers this morning, and had a super creative art planning session with Lucy and Lisa. I love working with those girls; they get it. And they get me. You can’t beat a proper meeting around the table.
This week our Offer of the Week is pretty special too. This is Papercrafting at its best and easiest! A while ago, we designed an excellent and oh so useful collection of Fresh Cut dies using Tina Cox’s original artwork – and added popular additional sentiments in the middles too.
There are so many possibilities with these dies! Let’s step it up today. Look at the card below and then check back with the dies. Can you see this die? No? Mmmm. Let’s investigate…
The above card has been created using Shenandoah Petite Toppers and the “On Your Special Day” Floral Frame Die. You can use the same technique but with one of the other floral dies for a completely different look, or a different piece of card. There are 96 to choose from! Especially if you took advantage of last week’s Offer of the Week!
Right. Here goes.
- Take a piece of Shenandoah Petite Topper and attach the “On Your Special Day Die” towards the top.
- Run through your die cutting machine
- Trim down so that it is a 5″ square – you can trim it down to 5″x 5″ first if you prefer.
- Using another piece of the same card, attach the same die together with the 4th from the outside Nested Square Die.
- Run through your die cutting machine.
- You will have a thinner panel as seen below:
- Use a pair of scissors or a Pergamano Ruler and Craft Knife to remove the smaller corner on both pieces.
- Don’t throw it away – we will use that bit later! Waste not want not.
- Use a black medium nib Posca (waiting on a delivery!) or Sharpie pen to edge the frame on all four sides.
- Using our Roll-a-Tape glue runners, attach the larger panel to a 6×6 white card blank
- Layer the smaller panel on top with the floral corner in the opposite corner
- Die cut a sentiment of your choice and attach using Perga Glue.
- Remember the piece we cut off earlier? Perfect for using on the back of your envelope
Such a simple card to make! You could make a set of notelets with matching envelopes, using different Designer card and various sentiments. What a fab gift that would make for a birthday or Christmas. And it wouldn’t take long either. You could even add the matching insert using the 12×12 inch papers.
Our Offer of the Week is available HERE. This collection is half price until next Monday. (Plus your Club discounts too)
We’ll blog a couple more step by steps this week, so you see how versatile these fresh Cut Dies are.