Thanks for popping in. Went to the office today for a design meeting with Lovely Lucy and Lisa. Great session. I love working with two such creative, switched on, easy going women. Nothing is too much trouble, and they always see what I see. We are definitely cut from the same cloth when it comes to design!
It was Mel’s work we were getting to grips with. Always such magnificent and original art. More will be revealed.
And in the meantime, I decided to come home and make a quick and easy card using another example of Clever Mel’s art. I just love her work!
- Lay the die face down on what will be the front of a 6×6 inch Clarity black cardblank.
- Attach it with low-tack masking tape.
- Run it through your die-cutting machine. We stock Gemini. It’s the one I use and like.
- Remove the die, and tap lightly to remove all the little scraps.
- Weed the paper cut. I use the spellbinder tool
- Decide which Designer paper you want in the background. I chose Amazonia.
- Now for the Nested rectangular dies. We will cut out a frame from the same piece of card, to lighten up the front, and tie it all together.
- Pick the two outer cutting edges of your frame. Depends how wide you want it.
- Again, attach with low-tack masking tape, and run through your machine.
Now for assembly. This is what we are aiming for…
- Use Perga Glue to dib dib dib on the inside of the black paper cut.
- Attach the inner coloured piece.
- Next, let’s attach the coloured frame on the outside. Use a glue runner for this.
- Done. Doesn’t get much quicker than this. And the result is perfect every single time.
I can see a set of these, with different backgrounds. What a lovely gift that would make. A set of handmade notelets. In fact, there are two matching illustrations. Look!
These two dies are simply magnificent. Perfect papercuts every time. Look up close. Superb quality too.
How about a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE – £29.98 to 14.99 for both. Yep. – plus your usual 10-15% Clarity Craft Club Discounts. Went on the back of the website and have done that. CLICK HERE for the special deal.
Available until midnight Sunday. I like being able to download photos, change prices, link products. Learning all these things. How to do this, how to do that. It‘s baffling how much I have learnt in the last year. And at so many levels.
Time to cook that salmon in the fridge. It’s New Recipe date tonight, so I shall have to rustle up something exotic….ooh I say!!