Thanks for popping in. I’m in the middle of listening to a novel on Audible at the moment. It‘s entitled ‘The Favoured Child’ by Philippa Gregory. It’s the sequel to Wideacre, a story about the Lacey family – Beatrice in particular. The sequel skips a generation and picks up with another Lady Lacey: Julia. Anyway, it’s easy listening, well narrated and very well written, so it keeps me company when I’m driving back and forth to mum’s house, or doing the housework. I do find listening to books very therapeutic. When I read a paper book I find my mind wanders or I fall asleep, but listening enables me to do something else – drive or clean or iron – activities to stay awake to !! Book 1 = over twenty five hours of listening, and Book 2 not much shorter! There are still 11 hours to go! Anyway, on the subject of Lacey, here’s a Rosie Lacey! A step by step using one of those lovely floral panel stampsets we drew in the SHAC together. The oval stencil is very useful too.
And here’s a little photo step by step of a simple card I made recently, using the petite Gelpress plates and a strip of lace..
- Place the oval stencil on a piece of Clarity stencil card 7x7in. and secure with low-tack masking tape.
- Use a fineline black Micron Pen to draw around the inside of one of the larger ovals.
- Use a black Archival ink pad to stamp the single large rose into the aperture.
- 4. Mount the oval Petite Gelpress on a 4x4in. Megamount, ink up with a pink ink. Archival, Distress Oxide, Distress – you decide! Spread the ink evenly with a brayer.
- 5. Layer the lacey swatch over the aperture and press the Gelpress through the lace to the card.
- 6. Do this twice, to fill the aperture.
- 7. Uss a Spot-on sponge to drag the ink on the stencil into the aperture.
- 8.Repeat this Lacey Gelpress trick down the length of another piece of card, ready to cut into strips.
- 9. Trim the white card, layer up on companion paper.
- 10. Assemble and add a sentiment sticker
- 11. Use a grey pencil to add a drop shadow on the oval.
There ya go! Lady Rose Lacey! That’ll be the trilogy sorted then!
Quote for the day
Barb x x x