Thanks for popping in, and thanks for all your love and good energy. It means more than you can imagine to feel your strong support. Do you believe in the power of collective energy? I do. I’m getting better for sure. Quite happy to lounge around here listening to a good book . I’m listening to North & South again, by Elizabeth Gaskell, read by Juliet Stevenson. Really worthy of a second read. I know the storyline, but the socio-political writing is superb. Quite a classic .
I took on board what many of you said yesterday, that Tuesday may become Wednesday or even Thursday . It is what it is. My new mate Greg was rushed back in here again yesterday. Pancreatic problems. So I’d rather not have to come back 😳
I’m actually quite enjoying the lazy time. I was snoozing on top of the bed just now (I think the morphine will do that to you!), when another lovely nurse called Brenn came in to take my obs. A wave of guilt ran through me that I’m napping on a Sunday morning, and I laughed at myself. I told him that I’m actually a full on workaholic and he seemed surprised. He said they have patients in here with their laptops etc who just never stop, and I thought there’s hope for me yet! To be honest I felt so unwell I simply couldn’t have done work work. I couldn’t even text for the first week!!!! Like I say, grateful to be getting better .
Here is project 2 for this lovely stampset…if you’re not a stamper, but you fancy dipping yor toe in the water, this Kiss Range is ideal. Simple, classy greeting card every time x
This project uses the KISS Enjoy Today Flowers A6 Stamp Set
A second little cardmaking project, using a very pretty flowers and vases design, illustrated by Tina Cox. This time we are using the Perga Colour felt tips, and watering them down a little.
When selecting a Doodle frame for your artwork, it is always better to keep it tighter and closer than go too large.
Enjoy Today Kiss Stampset
5” x 5” white scored card blanks x 2
Nested Square Doodle Frame-Its Frames
Black Archival ink pad
Amazonia 8” x 8” Designer Paper
Amazonia 8” x 8” Companion Paper
Perga Colour felt tip pens
Glue Tape runner
1. Pick a Designer paper (Amazonia used here), and run the Fresh Cut Doodle frame die through your machine, to give you all these brilliant doodle frames for other projects too.
2. Pick the frame you like, cut one of the 5”x 5” card blanks into two pieces, and trim your topper back to 4.25” square. Lay the doodle frame over the white card, and stamp the vases, the sentiment and the butterflies into position, using a black Archival.
3. Dot dot dot Perga glue lightly around the back of the doodle frame. Tiny dots directly from the nozzle are perfect.
4. Carefully place the coloured frame on top of the white topper and move into position. Lay a piece of paper on top and press into place to set.
5. The vibrant Perga Colours can be diluted and lightened. Scribble your colours of choice onto a Clarity Mix mat. Using a water brush, squeeze a tiny drop of water next to the colour and work the water into the ink.
6. Using the water brush, paint the images. This is very easy and fast. If you want to add depth and shade, wait for the first layer to dry before applying the next darker layer.
7. The colours can also be blended on the Mix Mat to create other tones. If you are using the same water brush for all colours, push water out to clean the fibres before starting with the new colour.
8. Add a layer of pink coordinating paper to the background. Attach using the Clarity Tape runner.
Quote for today:
Listen To Your Body
Barb x x x