Thanks for popping in. One day at a time, things are getting so much better. Yesterday the Doctor told me that if things continue as they are, and the infection levels continue to drop, I will be able to go home Tuesday! Woohoo!
Then lovely Carron came and washed my hair, so I felt much MUCH better. All in all, so so much happier.
The thing about being so ill is the rush of gratitude you experience when you start to feel better. The smallest thing, like being able to stand up without help, is massive. Things you totally take for granted, like breathing, become miraculous progress. The staff here must think I’m on Happy pills, because I’m just so grateful to be coming back from such a very dark place. I cannot remember ever feeling so sad and low and unwell, so every day now is brighter and better. The NHS angels continue to work their magic…
Quote for the Day….
I’ll suggest one, then maybe YOU could think of one too x
mine: God Bless The NHS
Following on from yesterdays Blog, here is the first Step-By-Step as promised.
This project uses the KISS Just For You Flowers A6 Stamp Set
An oh-so-simple flower greeting – Just for you! Pick your colour paper, then stamp, KISS and colour. This fresh and bright stamp set is just one of many in the brand new KISS range by Clarity. Created for those who like to Keep It Simple.
- When building a stamped composition, even a simple one, mock it up on a piece of scrap first.
- When colouring with the Perga Liner blending pencils (B) work in layers, starting with a light undercoat and building depth gradually.
- Pick your background designer paper first, then match up your colouring pencils. And always test on the scrap first, to ensure the pink’s the right pink!
Just For You Kiss – Keep it Simple Stamps
6”x 6” White scored Card blank
8” x 8” Indian Summer Designer paper
Ranger Black Archival ink pad
Pergamano Perga Liner colouring pencils
Black Micron Pen Black
Clarity Roll-a-Tape Glue Runner
1. Cut the scored and folded 6”x 6” cardblank in half, to make a tall 6” x 3” folded card, leaving 2 single fronts. Cut one front down to 5” x 2.5”.
2. Ink up the tallest HELLO flower with black Archival (permanent) ink and stamp into the centre of the top card. Stamp the Just For You onto a little scrap of white (for the inside of the card)
3. Add the little butterflies to the top and the butterfly stamp at the base. There are 2 other lovely flower stamps in this set, and a super Love Hugs & Laughter sentiment! But Less is more – Keep it Simple x
4. Pick your Indian Summer background paper next. Then select the Perga Liner B pencils which match, and colour in the design. Build the colour layer on layer.
5. Cut the designer paper to fit on the cardblank; it’s easiest to just trim a sliver off all four sides. Edge the white topper and Just for you panel with a black Sharpie pen.
6. Using the black Archival ink again, stamp the JUST FOR YOU stamp into the lower gap. Add little dots with the black 01 Micron pen, to tie in with the dotty Hello above.
7. Mount the Just for You panel on a slightly larger piece of the Indian Summer paper, and attach on the inside of the card using a Clarity Tape runner.
8. Using the Clarity tape runner, attach the Indian Summer panel to the folded card, then the floral topper to the coloured paper. All done. Well done!
Time to freshen up! Paul will be here any minute x
Barb x x x