Thanks for popping in. After a busy and very enjoyable TV day yesterday, Monday feels a little bit like the next day. You know, a bit hung over – even though I don’t touch the stuff! So I thought I’d just go back over the last demo I did, with the landscape. it was a bit rushed, but very easy really….
Let’s use one of the medium sized birds from our new Clarity Cut Card Kit, and add an arty splash of colour …
- How? Add a few colours of Artistry ink to a blending mat.
- Slide the blending mat in a poly bag that you’ve split, so that it opens like a book on one side.
- Spritz the inky mat with water
- close the poly bag and squish the ink
- Lift the cover back, place the bird – complete with outer – on the inky mat
- Close the poly-cover again, and use the flat of your hand to spread the ink over the white card and cutout.
- Let it dry now.
Of course, you have the beautiful bird card, to decorate and enjoy…..here are a few examples, just to jog your memory…
But as I said yesterday for every bird, there’s an outer frame…
- Cut the outer frame in half.
- Decide which side you like best,
- and which way the bird is facing…
- Trace the outline onto a piece of A5 Theuva Card.
- Place the moon mask,
- and pick your inky colours. You can use the same colours as the outside, or change it up a bit, as I have…
Keeping your eye on the bird outline, start building your scene, your landscape, using the miniature Claritystamps. I used the Woodland set mostly.
- Really easy. Just keep your eye on the bird outline.
- Use Clarity stencil brushes to sweep the background in.
- Use a Black Archival ink pad for the tiny silhouette stamps.
- Enjoy creating your own composition…your own landscape.
- Outline the frame with a black Sharpie pen.
- Use Perga Glue to attach the frame. Gives you a little wiggle room.
- Trim the two pieces to fit together.
- Edge with the black Sharpie pen.
Add a poem or sentiment in the top corner, then mount on black card.
Hope you enjoy the birds. They are available with stamps and on their own. Click HERE
Have a good evening. If your head is in a spin, get with your hands. Make something.
Sending love and good energy,