Thanks for popping in! So glad you like the Feathered Friends Stamps which were showcased on the Craftstore this afternoon. I thought you might! Here’s a little taster of the Owls on parchment that were done in the first hour. If you missed the TV shows, you can always go back and watch on Catch up, over on Thecraftstore.com
Anyway, here goes. It’s so easy!
Stamp the owls onto a sheet of copy paper. This primes the stamps and gives you a positioning template at the same time.
- Lay a piece of designer parchment over the top, matte side up (that’s the front of the designer parchment). This is from the TOSCANA collection.
- Dust the parchment with talc.
- Line up the owls on the copy paper where you want to see them on the parchment.
- Ink up the stamp with Black Archival ink and plant over the top of the image.
- Allow to dry for half an hour.
Flip to the back of the designer parchment and use a white Faber Castell eraser pencil to remove the colour inside the image. This will clear the area of colour, so that you can reintroduce colour if you wish.
- Use Pergaliner B pencils or Polychromos or Perga Colour pens on the back to colour the owls back in.
- Use grey pencils to add shade.
- Add the Letterboxes and letters below using the Letterbox stampset and stamp your word on the front. The letterboxes themselves are brilliant for positioning.
- Erase the colour from the back as with the owls. Of course, you could do this all at the same time as stamping the owls, so that it is all completed and dried before you begin eliminating colour.
- Working on the back, use an embossing tool on the soft side of your black or blue mat to add white accents and highlights.
- Use a fineline black Micron Pen to attach the Letterboxes to the branch.
- Perfect framed in one of our 9×9 inch stampboard framers.
Actually, the mini version of the same stamp would look excellent stamped on the back, with a little message to Dad. In fact, the little one would look brilliant done just the same as above, in a small 6×6 inch frame (with the 4 inch aperture), don’t you think?
Here is a little ingredients list with links if you fancy having a go!
Wise Owls Stamp & Mask Set
Letterbox Stamp & Mask Set
Designer Parchment (still on Special Offer!)
Perga Liner Pencils
Faber Castell Set of 60
Faber Castell Essentials
Perga Colour Pens
Parchment Embossing Kit
9×9 Stampboard Frames & Panels
Feathered Friends Miniature Stamp & Mask Set
6×6 Stampboard Frames & Panels
Everything from the TV Show is all in one place over on the Clarity website HERE