Thanks for popping in. Saturday’s blog a new technique, right? Well new… mmm. new to who? To me to you? It’ll be new to somebody!
Let’s take that fabulous die of ours, that Fresh Cut Town Aperture Die which our ever clever friend Mel Turner designed. Let’s take that little beautifully intricate die, and turn it into not one but two cool for cats cards….
Here goes. The process, from start to finish. Ready?
- Die cut the aperture out of black card (I used one of our 5×5 cardblanks cut in half)
- Pick a piece of Designer card. (I went with one from the new Amazonia collection)
- Cut a piece of our double-sided adhesive sheets to the same size as the aperture + a little more for wiggle room when positioning.
- Peel one side and place the adhesive on the back of the black die cut
- Peel the other side and place the town window on the designer paper.
- Sprinkle the sticky front with Perga Glitter.
- Using a craft knife and ruler, cut right back to inside the aperture.
- Cut an 8”x 8” White card blank in half, so that you get two tall cards. ie the fold will be at the top.
- Cut the town art in half. Right down the middle.
- Mount each half on a black piece of card and trim to leave a sliver frame around each.
- Attach each half of the town to one card.
Piece a cake.
Add a couple of stickers which speak to you underneath the towns. (I found mine in the Feel Good Factor Collection.) Done.
Unless you knew that each card only used half an image, you’d never guess.
Let’s have a bloggy offer. Let’s take the price on this Die down from £14.99 to £10. (plus your Clarity Craft Club Discounts). Barrrrginn !!!! IMO it’s one of our best…
Let’s stay safe, happy and creative.
Love and Hugs