Good of you to pop in. Always nice to know somebody’s out there! Earlier today. Lost my way with the early morning blog routine there for a bit. Back on track now. Got a lot on my plate…
Here’s a little step by step, using one of the new 2-way bauble stamps I drew. These are proving to be very popular indeed, so the more ideas, the better, eh!
- Let’s begin. Load the negative image, the second stamp in the set, with a selection of Distress Oxides, and plant on a piece of Clarity Stencil Card. Don’t buy any Oxides yet though!
HEADS UP!! Wait until this coming Thursday, because they are in the INKY DAY SALE at a brilliant price. Seriously. 24 hours.
- 2. Spritz the ink left on the stamp with water, and plant a second image on another piece of Clarity Stencil Card cut into quarters. Leave it to dry. The first image make a lovely card. I’ve got loads! But you can always get a second watercolour image off the stamp, too.
- 3. Clean the stamp, ink it up with Versamark. Stamp straight over the top of the same image. Sprinkle clear embossing over the ink, tap off excess and heat to set.
By the way, the embossing powders are on sale on Thursday too!
- 4. Next step: you need an ink pad which is water-based or dye-based, which you can wipe off the glazed area. So: Artistry inks, Distress inks, Distress Oxides, Adirondacks. I say I say I say ! Thursday is your day!!!
Use a blending tool and sponge (Ahhh! That’s a TUESDAY THING! It’s a Bottled inks day!)
- 5. Load the round sponge with a dark grey, moody blue, dark ink pad, using small circular motions. Start on the bauble and work your way out. When you have got seriously dark coverage, wipe the bauble clean. Magic.
- 6. Then spritz and blot the whole little piece. That will mottle the background.
- 7. When the ink has dried, round up the sides with scissor blades, and mount on a second white piece of card using matching Pergamano brads. We have loads of colours.
- 8. Add a sentiment – JOY – from the Christmas and Occasions Stickers. I love these!
Psst. If you’re wanting to buy them, hold fire and wait till GRAY FRIDAY…They’re quite new I know, but it IS Christmas, and you need them NOW, not in January!
9. The Ranger Distress Markers are the last finishing touch. Use them to create a drop shadow and add interest to the moon. The Mustard Seed pen will lift the darkness, like a blotter. The Picket Fence pence will whiten it. Creates a very atmospheric little sphere…
Distress Marker Set. Hang on! Let me check…Yep. DAY 4 Bloggy Blitz Sale… 30% off, plus your club discounts.
Here are the three new baubles of the season. CLICK HERE TO INVESTIGATE.
There’s still a buy all 3 sets for the price of 2 on the website! I just spotted it!
According to our stats, these are the second biggest selling Claritystamps of the year. Guess what was the biggest selling set? Yep. the Floral ABC. That gives us all hope then, especially me, with my ‘O’ level art! And on that happy note, I’m about to get inky-painty, investigating a whole new type of stamp we have developed. Coming very soon !
Before I get messy, I have to say it again: if you aren’t a Clarity New Design Club member, you really ought to consider the 10-15% savings – apart from all the monthly stash !!! I just checked the prices. Get in early, while stock lasts. I don’t usually bang on about the selly side of our business, I get too caught up in the art part; but this next week – starting tomorrow and leading right up to our GRAY DAY SALE WEEKEND – is too good NOT to take full advantage of. A huge range of NON CLARITY PRODUCTS go on sale each day, from Monday to Thursday. And then, Friday – Brace yourself Rodney! It’s GRAY FRIDAY!!
Love & Hugs,
PS Just checked. The baubles aren’t in the GRAYDAYSALE. Anything that new isn’t, only because I personally HATE it when I buy something, and a week later it’s in the sale! But the 3 for 2 still stands xx