Thanks for stopping by!
I really ought to do this more often.
Get up at 5 in the morning, I mean!
It is so quiet and cool.
The birds are twittering and chatting outside, and I feel really relaxed and happy here, enjoying a cuppa, and spending a little time with you.
The last 2 days have been full on. Yesterday evening we waved goodbye to the first group of Clarity friends who joined us for a art-packed 2 days. What can I say? If the next sessions are anywhere near as enjoyable and fun, I am in for a fantastic week.
So you think all we do is make cards, huh?
Here we all are first thing on Monday Morning,
hanging out in the sun, doing our pre-class stretch exercises
And so, whilst I was really sad to say “till next time” to these lovely lovely people, time stands still for no-one.
This morning, we welcome a new group of Clarity guests.
I am excited to welcome them too!
The tables are freshly laid,
the kettle will soon be boiling, and we will take it from the top.
So I must go get ready, and take Dave a brew.
But before I shoot off,
I will leave you with a little Shaving Foam clock piece I made
with our Clockwork Stencil
I used Distress Reinkers
You can buy the individual bottles,
or you can get the lot at a great price!
How do you get the stencil image to stay so crisp?
Well here’s what I figured out:
1) Attach the stencil to the card with masking tape on top of a sheet of copy paper.
2) Mix a little ink in with the shaving foam on a plate. Make swirls and patterns with the end of a paintbrush or a fork.
3) Scoop some of the mix up with a ruler and put it on the copy paper above the stencil. Maybe a little below, too.
4) Using the ruler or a spreader, slowly drag the coloured shaving foam through the stencil. You can change direction to get twists in the colours, you can come in from different angles.
5) Scrape off the excess.
6) Lay a sheet of paper towel over the stencil, and blot away the excess shaving foam.
7) Carefully remove the stencil.
8) Leave your art to dry for 10 minutes
9) In the meantime, make the next one….
and that, my friends, is how the stencil stays nice and crisp.
It’s that easy.
Time. Is it me? Or is time speeding up?
Can you believe that July is nearly spent again??
The days just seem to fly by. Literally.
I have finally worked out that, since time is moving so fast, I have to spend it wisely. I try not to waste it, like I used to when I was younger. I still catch myself sometimes, doing stupid, senseless stuff, wasting precious time. If it was gold, I would be more careful with it. I suppose I should treat it as if it were.
Just for today, I shall pretend that TIME is GOLD,
and see if my attitude shifts. Want to join me?
Have a super day.
I am sure we will !