Thanks for popping in. Don’t know whether you watched the 3-5pm Sunday show on Create and Craft TV? It was a real trip down Memory Lane – complete with brayer! I used our latest set of new Embedders to make a fitted frame around a brayered landscape. CLICK HERE TO FIND
Let me refresh your memory.
Step by step
It all begins with the Embedder. Introducing one of our new Hexagon shapes….
- Attach a larger shape to the front of the piece with low-tack masking tape. Flip to the back and emboss with an embossing tool, to create that unique and classy faux printing press effect.
- Next, pick the next size down of the Embedders, and position it in the centre on the front again. Secure it in place with low-tack tape again, then starting building a frame around the outside with the same low-tack masking tape.
- Cover the whole card except the inner hexagon.
- Add a moon mask
- Use a brayer to roll a light blue ink into the sky area. Think of this as your ground cover.
- Build up layers of ink in the sky using the brayer, getting darker as you go.
- tear a ppiece of copy paper to make a hill. Use the edge of the blending mat to get rolling hills.
- Use a brayer and stencil brushes to introduce hills at the base of the landscape.
- Time to stamp the images into position, using black Archival ink.
- Carefully remove all the masking tape around the outside, and reveal the embedded artwork.
Just think. You can do this trick with ALL our Embedders – ALL shapes.
I’ll record a little video of this technique tomorrow, and get it uploaded into our Claritystamp Youtube Channel. You really have to see it done to understand how to achieve that airbrushed sky effect, with no stripes.
On that note, have you actually checked out the many dozens of arty tutorials stored there? LOADS! Stamps, Stencils, Gel Press, Groovi, Dies – LOADS! Our aim is and always has been to show you loads of tricks and tips, show you how to use our products, help you get arty and enjoy crafting.
Here’s the link…
Watch this space – loads more HOW TO videos coming very soon. I keep saying I just need more time and more energy! But actually, the time has come to J.F.D.I !!! If I wait much longer, I’ll be too old to hop about!
Quote for today?
Once I get going, there’ll be no stopping me!! If you’re looking for these stamps CLICK HERE