Thanks for popping in. Easter Monday and all is well. Was watching Iolo Williams trekking through the Welsh marches earlier, and suddenly had a hankering to do some stencil art. So here is a splash of treescape colour, stepped up. I used our lovely treescape Stencil, designed by Mel.
An hour or so of inky distraction was just what the doctor ordered…
- Stencil card,
- low-tack masking tape hinge at the top
- light green first
- then darker green at the base
- add a little dry brush green in the sky
- large moon mask underneath the stencil
- next colour: blue mixed with black for a dark blue
- brush blue into sky from top
- lift the moon mask then drop the stencil down
- dry brush blue lightly over the moon area, to make the trees pop
- now for reds and yellows.
- use a new brush for each colour, checking as you go by lifting the stencil
- add red and yellow
- lift the moon. Nice
- Next thing is to add splatters
- replace the moon mask and lower the stencil.
- Let’s chop it up. This design lends itself perfectly to panels and tryptichs
- use as many panels as you want together
- layer up on matching Companion Paper
- Add a Word Chain stamp
- Would look good on the wall in the SHAC…
- mount on a large stampboard square.
Look out for it behind me the next time we hang out together in the SHAC!
If you haven’t tried our stencils yet, maybe take a look. There are some magnificent designs. Quite seriously. If I personally were considering joining one of the Clarity Craft Clubs, I’d tick the Stencil Club box!
Don’t forget. The Hoppy Easter event (10% additional discount on any orders over £30 after club discounts) is on till midnight tonight x
Now where’s the link to all those superb stencils? HERE. It won’t take you long to find the Treescape !
QUOTE FOR TODAY:
Live Life in Colour
Barb x x x