A Love Heart Step By Step
Thanks for popping in. You may recall we launched a new Offer of the Week idea on Monday,
and kicked the first week off with a little lovely love…
The LOVE Heart stampset that we doodled together in the SHAC SHAC , which also comes as a Groovi Plate. At half price, plus your Clarity Club Member’s discount, this is definitely the ideal time to take advantage – especially as we are offering you fab step-by-step inspiration projects in addition. Today I thought a stamping step by step would be cool; on Friday we shall go Groovi and offer up a Parchment project.
But now to the stamps. My good friend Dee Paramour created a lovely piece of stampart using these doodle stamps,
She used one of the Designer Paper pads that she actually designed: Brighton Rock, but I haven’t got Brighton Rock here in my artroom. So I decided to recreate the same card using another one of Dee’s lovely paper Pads : New England Fall. It will be fun to see how different the piece looks using different papers.
Ready to go? For convenience, I have added all the links to the products used at the bottom. Just in case you fancy having a little go yourself.
- Tear a piece of the paper in two. One wide enough to take the whole stamp and one about 2 inched wide.
- Stamp the heart towards the top of the larger piece on the darker side of the paper, using Versamark. Heat emboss using a heat gun with WOW Copper Embossing Powder. We sell the WOW heat tool – I love them. Two speed and ergonomic. Good price too.
- Stamp the heart again, this time on the lighter side of the narrower piece. Line it up with the other piece beforehand. This time use WOW Gold embossing powder.
- Place the narrow piece over the wider piece, line up and trim top and bottom if necessary. .
- Fix the mask over the large copper heart, and brush a dark Orange ink around the heart. I used a stencil brush and Spiced Marmalade. Repeat on the narrow strip.
- Cut two 2inch strips from the paper. This is for either side. Repeat stamp the small open heart all over the strips and then fill them with the pattern hearts using Mustard Seed ink – a bright yellow colour.
- Stamp the Word LOVE Outline onto a piece of torn paper, using the Spiced Marmalade again.
- Once it is dry, stamp the LOVE word INFILL into the stamped lineart using Versamark. Apply gold powder to a couple of areas and tap off excess. Apply copper to the remaining areas, and heat set using that heat tool again.
- Blend Spice Marmalade around all the edges of all the pieces of paper, using a blending tool.
Assembly time! Fix the 2 side-panels to an 8×8 inch white cardblank with our glue runner. Then comes the large heart piece, then the narrow heart piece on top, and finally the two-tone LOVE.
SHAC Love Heart Stamp & Mask Set
Brighton Rock Designer Paper
New England Fall Designer Paper
8×8 White Card Blanks
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Pad
Mustard Seed Distress Ink Pad
WOW Gold Embossing Powder
WOW Copper Embossing Powder
Stencil Brushes or Makeup Sponges
Artistry Ink Blending Tool
Roll-a-Tape Glue Runners
Thanks Dee. Thoroughly enjoyed that!! I do like the illusion with the panel. And I love both colour variations! Those little matching heart stamps in the set speak to me too.
Must dash! Pottery calling!
Love and Hugs
14 thoughts on “A Love Heart Step By Step”
Wow love this will definitely be having a go at it have both sets of papers so will see which grabs me xx enjoy pottery xx
Just caught up. I already have the stamp / groovi set but I am looking forward to new ideas. Thank you Barbara and Dee. xx
Wow I love these they are gorgeous. Enjoy your pottery Barbara. Take care. Hugs xxx
That’s housework on hold for another. Definitely going to go and play. Thank you Barbara enjoy your afternoon.
It’s beautiful and thank you for this demo.
Sorry I have missed this morning Shac but had an appointment at 10o’clock your time when you started the Shac.
Enjoy your pottery afternoon!
Lots of love, Trijntje Huppel
I love what you and Dee have done with these stamps. I may just treat myself.
Seems like the troubles I was having with the new site apprearing a bit higgledy piggeldy on my screen was due to a rogue update to our system which occurred recently. It has now settled down and the site looks great. The tiny script is a bit hard on my poor old eyes but overall it works well.
Enjoy your pottery.
Beautiful project ! Hope you enjoy your pottery today. X
Oh that’s just gorgeous! Will have to have a go at it. Hope you had fun with your pottery xx
I could have sworn that I had both the stamps & the Groovi plate but on investigation found I only had the Groovi plate so I must remedy that as I love what you & Dee have done with the stamp.
My stamps have arrived for Friday’s Moment of Clarity so I just need to check what else I need before then.
Hope you found the answers to all your questions at Pottery this afternoon.
Love both of these. Will really have to have a go at this project. I’m sure I’ve got the stamp, but must check before the offer runs out! Still not 100% sure where everything is in my new craft storage as I haven’t got round to labelling the boxes! Love and hugs, Alison xxx
Love this idea. I have the stamps and Groovi from when it launched. The WOW embossing looks great and I haven’t done it for a couple of years.
Thank you Barbara and Dee. Xx
Hi Barb, oh this is a fabulous step by step, when I saw the card originally, I did wonder how it was done. Dee is really inspirational with her ideas. Love both versions, but am leaning towards the warmer, darker colours. Will have a go at this one as I have the stamp set, must just find a paper to use as I don’t have either of these. Hope you enjoyed your pottery session. Take care and stay safe everyone. Bx
I’ve got this set and to be honest haven’t used it again so this step by step has spurred me on so thanks Barb.
Thank you Barbara! Wonderful card – appreciate the step by step. Excited to give it a try. Love the use of embossing colours.