Thanks for popping in. You may recall we launched a new Offer of the Week idea on Monday,
and kicked the first week off with a little lovely love…
The LOVE Heart stampset that we doodled together in the SHAC SHAC , which also comes as a Groovi Plate. At half price, plus your Clarity Club Member’s discount, this is definitely the ideal time to take advantage – especially as we are offering you fab step-by-step inspiration projects in addition. Today I thought a stamping step by step would be cool; on Friday we shall go Groovi and offer up a Parchment project.
But now to the stamps. My good friend Dee Paramour created a lovely piece of stampart using these doodle stamps,
She used one of the Designer Paper pads that she actually designed: Brighton Rock, but I haven’t got Brighton Rock here in my artroom. So I decided to recreate the same card using another one of Dee’s lovely paper Pads : New England Fall. It will be fun to see how different the piece looks using different papers.
Ready to go? For convenience, I have added all the links to the products used at the bottom. Just in case you fancy having a little go yourself.
- Tear a piece of the paper in two. One wide enough to take the whole stamp and one about 2 inched wide.
- Stamp the heart towards the top of the larger piece on the darker side of the paper, using Versamark. Heat emboss using a heat gun with WOW Copper Embossing Powder. We sell the WOW heat tool – I love them. Two speed and ergonomic. Good price too.
- Stamp the heart again, this time on the lighter side of the narrower piece. Line it up with the other piece beforehand. This time use WOW Gold embossing powder.
- Place the narrow piece over the wider piece, line up and trim top and bottom if necessary. .
- Fix the mask over the large copper heart, and brush a dark Orange ink around the heart. I used a stencil brush and Spiced Marmalade. Repeat on the narrow strip.
- Cut two 2inch strips from the paper. This is for either side. Repeat stamp the small open heart all over the strips and then fill them with the pattern hearts using Mustard Seed ink – a bright yellow colour.
- Stamp the Word LOVE Outline onto a piece of torn paper, using the Spiced Marmalade again.
- Once it is dry, stamp the LOVE word INFILL into the stamped lineart using Versamark. Apply gold powder to a couple of areas and tap off excess. Apply copper to the remaining areas, and heat set using that heat tool again.
- Blend Spice Marmalade around all the edges of all the pieces of paper, using a blending tool.
Assembly time! Fix the 2 side-panels to an 8×8 inch white cardblank with our glue runner. Then comes the large heart piece, then the narrow heart piece on top, and finally the two-tone LOVE.
SHAC Love Heart Stamp & Mask Set
Brighton Rock Designer Paper
New England Fall Designer Paper
8×8 White Card Blanks
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Pad
Mustard Seed Distress Ink Pad
WOW Gold Embossing Powder
WOW Copper Embossing Powder
Stencil Brushes or Makeup Sponges
Artistry Ink Blending Tool
Roll-a-Tape Glue Runners
Thanks Dee. Thoroughly enjoyed that!! I do like the illusion with the panel. And I love both colour variations! Those little matching heart stamps in the set speak to me too.
Must dash! Pottery calling!
Love and Hugs