Thanks for popping in. Wednesday’s blog is from me to you. Since Mandalas are very topical in the SHAC-Shack right now, I thought I would put a very different spin on one of Tina’s wonderful Mandala Stamps, turn it into really arty wall art….from me to you xxx
Doesn’t that look beautiful?! I love it. Here I used the Mandala stamp entitled Devotion…
There are four in the series. And by the way, they are HALF PRICE on the website! I just saw that!! Click here.
What a fabulous set of four you could make as Christmas gifts. Let me show you how easy it is.
You need Pentart Metal Leaf Glue, Gilding Flakes, the yellow sponge daubers and some black cardblanks.
- Place the stamp on a piece of copy paper.
- Lightly dip one of the smaller yellow daubers into the pot of Metal leaf glue.
- Dab the dauber on the copy paper, to spread the glue.
- Lightly dab the gluey dauber all over the stamp.
- Lay the black card down onto the sticky mandala stamp.
- lightly rub the back of the black card
- gently peel the black card off the stamp.
The image is on the black card now.
Lay the gilding flakes down on the glue and pat all over the glue.
Leave it like that, and go wash your stamp quickly in warm soapy water. If the glue has started to dry already, nail varnish remover (acetone) will remove it 100%.
Back to the art.
- Use another one of the larger yellow daubers to start brushing away the excess flakes. The larger pieces put back in your pot for the next project. The sprinkles and dust aren’t worth keeping.
- The mandala design will start to emerge.
- Buff until you think you can see enough. It looks magnificently antique when not all the image is revealed.
The Pentart variegated gilding flakes I used are M2.
I think you will agree that when mounted in a 12×12 black frame, this really does come to life…we stil have a few left of the 12×12 frame mounts.
That’s it. Took 5 minutes from start to finish. The yellow sponges are just the right hardness and consistency to hold the glue and spread it onto stamps – even super detailed ones like the mandalas.
So here’s a little treat from me to you. If you add just one pot of any Gilding Flakes and a pot of the metal flake glue to any order between now and midnight tomorrow (Thursday 8th October), I will make sure we pop a set of the yellow dauber sponges in as a little gift. rrp £4. FREE.
There are superb variations of Pentart gilding flakes on the website; I’ve gone in and dropped the price there too…
Gotta go! Late for pottery!!
Love and Hugs