Thanks for popping in.
Just packed the boxes for tomorrow’s TV shows on The Craft Store, and here’s a little step by step demo using the new ABC Doodle stamps. It shows you how to make clever use of the masks which come with the stamps when you are writing a long word like Anniversary or Congratulations or Celebration or retirement etc. when you don’t want the card to be a mile long!
- It’s really easy to condense the word by overlapping the letters. Just stamp out every other letter,
- mask it off,
- then stamp the missing letters into the spaces.
- colour in the letters,
- then use grey pencils to create the illusion of overlap.
- You can stamp out Happy in the same way, or
- you can use the Happy from the previous Happy Birthday Stampset, which comes complete with the cutout shapes.
- Mount on a matching Card . I found this fabulous colour in the Waimea Falls collection.
What I love about these letters is that they not only function as an alphabet, so you can write and say absolutely ANYTHING you like; they are each funky little arty elements in and of themselves, which all work together like an arty chain of doodles too.
Early night. Early start. I hope you can join me on The Craft Store tomorrow at 9am.
Love and hugs