Thanks for popping in. Up bright and early, and heading off to Mum and Dad’s for the day. But before I shoot the crow….
Our Gray Sale has gone mad again. I’m always very grateful to you when you turn up to shop during this sale – but this year even more so. I’m sure you understand.
Many of you have taken advantage of our GRAY WEEKEND SALE by now, I know. And many of you have been back more than once too! I wonder though…is there yet still more on your wishlist? Well….
Let’s give you another good reason to pop back! Just one more time…
On top of the up to 50% blanket sale, and in addition to your gold and diamond member’s discount, if you go back in to the Gray Sale and spend another £20 before Monday midnight (after all discounts), we will send you a lovely, fresh out of the oven, never been seen before, very useful not to mention seasonal Stencil. Designed by yours faithfully. It’s from me to you.
FREE 7” x 7” PEACE Stencil worth £4.99
The Free Peace stencil won’t appear in your basket; we’ll simply add it when we dispatch your order. No worries if you’ve already placed your order earlier in the day on SUNDAY, we’ll add to those orders too. Peace always!
I had a little play with it when I got home from our walk too. It is a real beaut. Here’s a Gel Press step by step. I think you enjoy those.
- Place the stencil back to front on the clean Gelpress (the 8x10in)
- Daub a selection of alcohol inks over the Gelpress using our yellow daubers.
- Carefully remove the inky stencil for later.
- Now to lift the alcohol ink print off the Gelpress. Spread a thin layer of white acrylic paint over the dried alcohol ink on the Gelpress using a brayer.
- Place a sheet of large white Clarity Stencil card on the wet white paint, rub the back and then pull your print. Beautiful.
- Now let’s work with the stencil that is coated with dry alcohol ink. Alcohol ink dries fast, so you need to work quickly. Get all your ingredients set to go.
- Spritz the inky side of the stencil with blending solution. (Work in a room with an open window and don’t spritz the electric machine!)
- Place the spritzed, inky side face down on a piece of Glossy Chromo Card and run through a die cutting machine, using a rubber shim underneath.
- Pull the stencil off to reveal a superb embossed print.
A positive and a negative print. One earthy painty, one glossy inky.
Trim and mount on our cardblanks.
Peace is good. What the world needs more now than ever is PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING. Lots.
So why not make a cuppa and settle down to have another little look at the paint, ink pads, the alcohol inks, the stamps, the stencils – whatever you have your arty eye on. Sale ends midnight tomorrow.
Love and Hugs,